HIV Rapid Test
HIV RAPID TEST
HIV attacks and weakens our immune system, making us less able to deal with infection and disease. It is most commonly passed on through unprotected sex but can also be transmitted by infected blood or bodily fluid – for example, sharing needles.
There is currently no cure for HIV but there are many treatments available to ensure most people with HIV live a normal, and otherwise healthy life.
We test for HIV through a blood test.
At 3fivetwo we provide a rapid, same day, HIV test including advice on treatment for HIV. Call us today on 0845 60 06 352 to book an appointment.
WHAT IS A STI?
A sexually transmitted infection is an infection that can be passed from one person to another through sexual intercourse (vaginal, anal or oral).
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A STI?
- Genital lumps
- Genital sores or ulcers
- Itching in the pubic/genital area
- None of the above – many STI’S have no symptoms but can still be contagious and affect general health and fertility
- Penile or Vaginal discharge
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE AN STI SCREEN?
- If you have any of the symptoms listed above
- Before each new sexual relationship, if you have been previously sexually active
- You may need regular screening if you are high risk
WHAT DOES A SEXUAL HEALTH SCREEN INVOLVE?
- A consultation with our Private GP – consultations are 100% confidential
- Bloods – for HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B and C if deemed appropriate by doctor
- Depending on your symptoms you may have swabs taken.
- Urine testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea - these are the most common STIs
We can tailor individual packages or provide single tests if required. We also offer a range of common STI profiles.
If you are worried about a particular exposure and you have no symptoms, it is advisable to wait 28 days before you are screened.