Women's Health Clinic
A new Women's Health Clinic is now available in Kingsbridge Private Hospital every Thursday.
Our women's health services include advice about and provision of all methods of contraception including the Contraceptive Pill, Intrauterine Contraception (IUD and IUS), long-acting reversible contraception (LARC), Nexplanon, Depo Provera, and natural family planning. Counselling and referral for both male and female sterilisation is also available.
Further services include;
- Pregnancy testing and onward referral
- Pelvic examination and Cervical Smear tests/HPV tests
- Breast examination and referral for ultrasound or mammogram if necessary
- Female hormone Profiles
- Female tumour markers
- Sexual Health Clinic including blood, urine or swab testing.
- Advice about most gynaecological issues, including the menopause, pre-menstrual syndrome and menstrual problems, issues with vaginal discharge.
- Consultation about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Referral for ultrasound if necessary
The clinic is running a female health check, and this is available from just £199. The health check includes;
- Discussion regarding any concerning issues
- Pelvic examination
- Cervical smear testing
- Breast examination
- Female hormone profile
- Vaginal PH testing
- Advice and prescription of contraception or HRT if appropriate
- Ovarian tumour marker CA-125, sexual health screening and insertion of contraceptive implants and coils are also available at additional cost. Referral for ultrasound if appropriate is available, prompt results guaranteed.
The clinic is led by our GP Dr Lisa Neligan.
Dr Lisa Neligan graduated from medical school in 2001. She gained extensive A&E experience before training as an anaesthetist. Despite enjoying this, she missed regular daily interaction with patients and therefore changed to a career in general practice. She graduated from a 4-year GP training scheme with the Royal College of Surgeons Dublin in 2009 and has worked as a GP in the NHS in Belfast ever since.
She enjoys and has experience in all aspects of GP care, but has a special interest in Women’s Health and family planning.
For more information or to book simply click on the link above or call 02890667878.