Sleep & Snoring Clinic
Snoring can be socially embarrassing and is often a major cause of relationship disharmony. More seriously, it can be a sign of underlying health problems that arise from sleep apnoea including heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Following a recent restructuring in the delivery model of our clinic this service is now more accessible to a larger number of patients. Our tailored diagnostic service includes:
- Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Clinic
- Consultation with a Doctor
- Physical Examination of the Nose and Throat
- Assessment with Respiratory Clinical Physiologist including Epworth Sleep Score
- Sleep study with Overnight Pulse Oximetry.
- Blood tests including thyroid function, blood count and biochemistry (if required)
- Clinical review of results with a Doctor.
- Development of individual management plan
The clinic offers a readily accessible option for patients who either snore or are at risk of Sleep Apnoea including those with cardiac conditions, unexplained high blood pressure or for those who work in areas where there are significant occupational risks associated with having the condition such as those with a heavy goods licence under DVLA regulation.
Following your assessment at the 3fivetwo Sleep Apnoea and Snoring Clinic the doctors will discuss the treatment options available to you. These may be availed of privately via the 3fivetwo Sleep clinic or if you prefer you can present your results and report to your own family general practitioner (GP) who will be able to advise on any treatments that are available via the NHS. Some private medical insurance (PMI) companies will cover the costs of various treatments but we strongly recommend that you seek approval in advance if you wish to make a claim.
Treatment options may include:
- Dietician - Expert assistance with weight reduction and lifestyle management.
- Dental - Custom fitted dental anti snoring devices (Mandibular Advancement Prosthesis)
- ENT - Nasal or throat surgery carried out by a consultant ENT surgeon.
- Respiratory - Provision of devices such as CPAP from a specialist respiratory team
- Patients can either self-refer or be referred under the supervision of a GP, Dentist or Consultant as part of an on-going clinical pathway or investigation.
If you would like to book an appointment or require further information on the options available to you, please do not hesitate to contact our private patient booking team on the details above.