Cooking With Our Kingsbridge Kitchen - Aileen's Scones
07th, Mar 2023
What is the secret to making a good scone? Aileen Wilson, our Catering Manager at Kingsbridge North West kindly shares her scone recipe in our new Kingsbridge Kitchen Recipe Book. Why not give them a go for yourself! Check out the full recipe below.
- 450g self-raising flour
- 60g margarine (cold cubed)
- 90g castor sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 400ml (approx.) buttermilk
- Pre heat oven to 160c
- Weight in the flour, margarine and sugar into a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and the buttermilk and gently combine to form soft but firm dough.
- Turnout onto a lightly floured surface.
- Dust hands with flour and gently form dough into a ball.
- Dust rolling pin with flour and roll out to 2cm thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 7cm cutter and place on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
"Best served warm with plenty of butter. Enjoy!"
Pictured: Aileen Wilson, Catering Manager at Kingsbridge North West