Pancake Day 2023
21st, Feb 2023
This Pancake Day, our Kingsbridge Kitchen has put together an easy and delicious recipe for you to try out at home!
- 280g self-raising flour
- 10g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 40g caster sugar
- 270ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g melted butter
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and eggs, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and lightly whisk to combine.
- Cover and let the mixture rest in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a know of butter to the pan. Then add one ladle full of the thick mixture into the pan.
- Cook on one side until the pancake begins to bubble, then flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Keep the pancakes warm in a low oven until you have cooked all of the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup, blueberries and sprinkle with icing sugar.
We look forward to seeing your finished masterpieces!